We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 Compatibility

Boy Zone

Likes # 0

I'm in the process of getting a new PC, but it comes with Windows 7.
It seems all my software Adobe suite such as Premiere CS3, Photoshop CS3 and Dreamweaver CS3 and Nero 7 are not compatibile.

Is there a way around this for those thinking of getting a new PC?
I need a new PC and have been told that some new PC's don't have any drivers for XP.
I like the idea of a new PC with a new system but what about thoses who have spent large sums of money buying their s/w?

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

You could go for Windows 7 Pro as this has XP compatibility mode. click here

Like this post
Peter Lanky

Likes # 0

I shouldn't worry too much about compatibility. I have installed around 50 software packages on my Windows 7 Home Premium with no problems at all. I use Photoshop Elements 5 and Adobe Contribute CS3 (similar to some of your products). I didn't need to use compatibility mode either.

Remember to deactivate your adobe products on your old PC before transferring them, or you will get a 'Too Many Activations' message.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback