We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Canon Pixma MP620

heismark

Likes # 0

This will print all right on wireless on Windows 7, but the scanner isn't detected and can only be activated via a USB-cable.

Any fixes? Canon site has no information on the problem.

Like this post
fitcher

Likes # 0

I have done several searches on google for a scanner for windows seven..,but cant find a firm willing to say they have one ,some firms are not even showing they sell scanners for seven .one is a well known firm .maybe your scanner is ok and working but it seems potluck to me .,,,it may mean ploughing through the scanner maker sites and writing down the compatability lists ,it is to long winded for me,,all the best alan

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Have not yet bought / installed W7 but the W7 Upgrade Advisor says my Canon MP760 is ok for W7 64 bit.Did you run the advisor programme prior to installing? I am a bit concerned if the advice is wrong!

Like this post
heismark

Likes # 0

>Have you tried contacting Canon support?

Now why didn't I think of that?

Actually I did naturally, and their "solution" made it worse as I now also lost the wireless connection to printing. Canon also advised deleting all software related to the printer and the linked to another file. This was a disaster as it was only the driver file and not all the related software they asked me to delete. So after rebooting ( they didn't specify when this should take place and how often - like after deleting or after reinstalling or both).

So I had been much better off not contacting Canon 'Support' and I told them so.

Like this post
gazzaho

Likes # 0

I've just installed Windows 7 and I have a Canon Pixma MP610 myself, although the printer drivers that came with Windows 7 seem to work fine (it prints OK) I haven't yet tried to scan with it as I don't use scanning much.

I find it strange that there is no software available on the Canon site other than the windows 7 drivers, The Vista installation disks that came with the printer had a program for scanning use along with character recognition software, where are these programs for the Windows 7 OS on the Canon site? If they're there I haven't been able to find them.

I was considering installing from the Vista disks supplied with the printer but a while back I tried the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor check for Windows 7 RC and it did have one or two issues with the Canon Vista software (not drivers) installed on my machine, I can't remember exactly what was at fault now but I would have expected Canon to have Windows 7 compatible software available for its release. I guess it may be in the pipeline but who knows?

Like this post
heismark

Likes # 0

That's all right Marg7 - happens all the time.

Of course I can scan allright using the MP620 LCD display interface and the scanner connects back to the PC and uses the software wit the cable connected.

Just horrendous it's not possible from the PC to acccess the Canon scanner wirelessly from the world's leading OS maker to one of the world's leading peripheral producers.

Doesn't work in Linux either.

Like this post
heismark

Likes # 0

I got an OK reply from a somewhat more helpful and knowledgable supporter who suggested using the Vista drivers available for download. Didn't help on the wireless scanning, but it produced a new repair module. I'll give him a B for thinking outside of the box, but no cigar.

Suggested they fix their Win 7 problem and also for for Linux.

Why should Canon protect Microsoft from competition?

Like this post
AlanHo

Likes # 0

I have just installed Windows 7 64 bit and was pleased to find that my OKI C5650 colour laser printer and my Epson SX200 All-In-One inkjet printer scanner both had suitable drivers available and are functioning perfectly.

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

I am following your thread with interest. I moved from XP 32 bit to W7 64 bit. Everything went well APART FROM my Canon scanner for which I can find no drivers. I went down the Vista driver route but could only find 32 bit drivers. It is good to see that things are moving in the right direction for you. Good luck with resolving the rest.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

And Quizman. I am also following your thread since I want to move from XP32 bit to W7 64 bit. The W 7 Advisor says my Canon MP 760 should be OK (No wireless though). Did you run the advisor before the switch?

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

Yes, but not with the scanner plugged in...Silly me!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......