We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 Enterprise

Splodge

Likes # 0

I deliberately have not read the previous posts in order to give an unbiased report! But I will after I post this.

I awoke at around 6 am and have been trying it out since.

The download was fine if a little slow but the integrity check found an error and I had to download again. The second time was fine and I burned it to disk.

It looks fine although I find the ikons and the bottom bar too large but I imagine they can be adjusted!

Not all the programs I installed ran, as you would expect, but Microsoft's 6000 Life Cam does not work and my TV card could only find analogue programs then only sound, no picture. The computer froze twice.

Other than that I would not shy away from the installation on a new computer.

The available updates on my newly installed programs seemed to be automatic and that is useful. And when a program did not worked, it had looked for a solution.

But while XP works well enough, I will hug it to my chest and hope it does not break down and force the change.

I was able to install my internet provider quickly enough but, since my current XP configuration is fine, I will be in no rush to change.

The diagnosis tool I ran earlier found 7 unusable programs and I think that is acceptable.

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

and your point..????

Like this post
Splodge

Likes # 0

Excuse me for breathing the same digital air as you!

I was just giving my experience with the download.

You, of course, have all the experience and knowledge but others do not!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony PlayStation 5 release date, price and specs UK: When is the PS5 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

New Apple TV release date rumours, features: 'new Apple TV next week' rumour

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow