We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

My Win 7 Won't Install

Condom

Likes # 0

Done all the correct things that I'm aware of. Ran Win 7 compatable test which basically told me only 3 programs were not compatable, Microsoft LifeCam, Microsoft Intellipoint Mouse, and Microsoft ActiveSync which I wasn't concerned about as I assumed that up to date versions of these would be on the Win 7 disk. Everything else was fine on my PC but it recommended an update to Realtek AC'97 Audio which I di before startting.

Stuck disk in and followed instructions with bated breath and sure enough it did as the instructions said.

Then it came to the Windows 7 start up screen and I got the nice new Microsoft Screen and then the blue one appeared with this message.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR EQUAL

and a bit further below
Stop 0X0000007E (0XC0000005, 0X8C68C5C3, 0X80E0C7E0, 0X80E0C3C0) I hoe I copied all that down correctly.

Don't know what to do next as I seem stuck between the preverbial rock and a hard place. I bought the 3 lecense version but her indoors is now in a panic and won't let me near her laptop.

Anyone any ideas on what I can do next.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

I would back up then, try custom install and load fresh on a formatted c drive thats what i have decided to do when my disc gets here.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

sunnystaines
As I am an XP user I had to do the custom install. I think this looks like something is wrong which the WIN 7 Adviser has not picked up on. At the moment I have managed to get XP back working again and I'd rather not lose the use of my PC when I don't know what the problem is.

Like this post
mfletch

Likes # 0

I think Ive seen this before and it had something to do with Logitech mouse

Do you use this mouse??

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

No sorry I use Microsoft Mice

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

error oxc0000005
click here

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

tried again this evening. I checked all BIOS settings again and everything OK. Also checked memory and it OK. Ran installation again and got different set of error massages.
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR EQUAL
Technical information
***Stop: 0x0000000A (0x33504755, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8246C903)
ran it again and this time only
***STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x8Ca78573, 0x8B6047F4, 0x8B6043D0)

No hair left to pull out so back to XP again.

I'm afraid that I am totally at a loss. I've installed every version of Windows since 3.1 and this is the first version I have ever had trouble installing.

Like this post
nhope

Likes # 0

Hi i had this once installing vista i had left a usb mem stick in. once i removed that it installed. Make sure you have nothing in your usb ports when trying to install it.

Norman

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

for all the zero's error from my colledge days it was memory related.
but read these links click here

I had problems installing vista different errors but problem was liteon dvd drive worked ok except on installing o/s can you try a different dvd drive, is you pc old needing a bios update?
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR EQUAL
see these links
click here

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

just hoping after reading your saga my w7 goes ok when it arrives.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

click here

try posting on this link, loads of people having install problems common denominators are nvidia graphics and realtek sound if you have these avoid ms drivers and download from makers webs.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...