We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Belkin G+ MIMO F5D9050 V3.00 Compatibility

RJack

Likes # 0

Hi all,

I have recently purchased Windows 7 Home Premium edition but before i installed it i ran the Winodws 7 Upgrade Advisor.

It came back to install the 64 bit edition however to check for an update for my Network adapter website.

I have checked both the Belkin website & railink website and neither have any updates available.

I am currently running Vista x64 and the driver was automatically detected when i installed this.

Can anyone help who may have the answer to this or know whether the adapter does work with Windows 7 Home Premium. The last thing i want to do is install it and lose my connection because the adapter is not recognised.

If not can anyone recoomend a Network adpater that is Windows 7 compatible?

Thanks in advance

My Current Spec

AMD 955 Black Edition
Asus GFX Mobo
Radeon HD4890 GFX Card
8GB Ram
Maxtor 1TB HDD
Vista x64

Like this post
RJack

Likes # 0

Thanks all for the help. In the end i decided to Duel Boot my PC and keep Vista 64 up and running for now then install Windows 7 on another partition.

Everything seemed to work fine on Windows 7 when i installed it it on the partition except my Network adapter but after trying a couple tips off here got it to connect.

Have now wiped Vista 64 and re installed as a fresh install & everything looks good

Like this post
a member

Likes # 0

looking at the Belkin website the latest drivers for that hardware support Windows XP in 64bit.
down load the driver and put it on the desktop of the windows 7 64bit OS. right click it and select properties, then select compatability , then tick (run this program in compatability mode) expand the drop down list and select windows XP service pack 2 . if you have other options you can try these later ,but for now click apply and then right click the file and select (run as administrator .this worked for me with a slightly different Belkin wireless adapter .so I think its worth a go.

Like this post
ambra4

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today