We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Acer W7 Upgrade - problems

iant54

Likes # 0

Has anyone else ordered the upgrade from Acer's agent and encountered problems?

I ordered mine in August and had confirmation that my order had been accepted. On Tuesday, I received an email to advise that my card would be debited with £12.78 - I've checked each day, and nothing has been debited, and the Order Status page shows the Order Status as 'Pending for Payment' and the Payment Status as 'Pending for Deduction'. I have tried contacting them, but am still waiting for a response.

Like this post
M@rk

Likes # 0

Be aware of this on the acer website.

click here

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

They won't debit your card until the product is ready to be shipped, which is more than a lot of others do.

Like this post
david1985

Likes # 0

It's possible there's a delay due to the postal strike, and Acer are simply delaying UK orders for the time being.

Or it's also possible there's just a backlog of orders to work through, and yours is in a queue somewhere, with the e-mail just being sent out as something automated.

Like this post
simonsup

Likes # 0

Forgot to mention did not even need the support disk, happy days

Like this post
simonsup

Likes # 0

my free upgrade from vista to 7 came last monday
on 2 disks one was 7 upgrade and the other was acer support disc for my pc. Cost £12.78.
Installed from the 7 disk wiped C drive did clean install in 20 mins, runs perfect, goodbye vista :)

Like this post
andy_b_73

Likes # 0

same here... will just have to wait till they get round to taking payment and sending out upgrade, and like dms_05 has said least they dont take the money till they are ready to ship

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide