We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

NVIDIA Drivers Problem

rawprawn

Likes # 0

Sony Vaio VGN AR31E, Graphics NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 GPU
Having loaded Win 7 I am running on just the Generic Drivers, I have tried updating, but I am told the the drivers are already installed.
Can you help please.
I had the same proble with RC1 and solved it (I think it was Sea Urchin who solved it)

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

I may be away for a while but I will return. I am having various troubles and have decided to start from scratch again.

Like this post
david1985

Likes # 0

After some double checking, whilst there's an option to search for Windows 7 drivers on Nvidia's website, there aren't any results.

You could always try the Vista drivers though, click here# since some people report Vista drivers work on Windows 7.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Thanks david1985, unfortunately my Sony Vaio is not supported.
Now going to reinstall

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

If you have the same problem again, Uninstall the Nvidia drivers. Do NOT allow Windows to install the driver itself. Then download the latest Nvidia drivers for your card and install them manually.

I had a similar problem with the BETA version of 7 And 2 7900 GTX Nvidia cards in SLI mode. The above is how I eventually solved the issue.

Windows BETA kept bleating about the drivers being wrong, but I just ignored the warnings. Worked fine.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

have you tried sony web for drivers [not kept up to date last time i looked] but worth a try

Like this post
david1985

Likes # 0

You can find the Sony driver for the graphics card (and all the other drivers) at this link, click here , but it is over 2 years old now. Could be worth a try though.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Hi thanks for comming back to me, just reloaded W 7 and still have the same problem.
How can I stop windows reloading the drivers. The only opition is to reboot (in device manager)and it then installs the drivers automatically.
Also can you give me the link you gave me last time, when I click Browse for drivers it doesn't seem to recognise my download.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Anybody?

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

have you tried the sony forum

or
windows 7 forum

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

This link allows Nvidia to search and automatically download the correct drives. Have always use it myself

click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips for beginners: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite