We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

NVIDIA Drivers Problem

rawprawn

Likes # 0

Sony Vaio VGN AR31E, Graphics NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 GPU
Having loaded Win 7 I am running on just the Generic Drivers, I have tried updating, but I am told the the drivers are already installed.
Can you help please.
I had the same proble with RC1 and solved it (I think it was Sea Urchin who solved it)

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

been thinking of w7 for our sony lappy vgnfe21b [has xp media centre], is the graphics the only problem with drivers.

was yours xp

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Hi sunny, yes graphics seem to be my only problem.
I was using Vista and did a clean install. so I am still loading programs and trying to sort things out as I go along

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

got the same graphics when updated last had to play around with resolution & display to get the desktop to fit screen was a real pain never did it again.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Need help

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Wish it had been, but I don't think it was me that "solved" your previous problem :@)

I know that many people have had problems installing NVIDIA drivers on Windows7 - and a quick Google seems to confirm that. What I would suggest is that you uninstall the generic drivers first, and then try installing again. Either via Device Manager pointing to your downloaded drivers, or by double-clicking and running the downloaded drivers and letting them find their own way into your system.

Like this post
ambra4

Likes # 0

NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 Windows 7 driver is available through Windows Update

Just do a manual update

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

I have done a manual update, but it shows all up to date

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Hi, thanks I will keep trying. If it wsn't you I think it was crosstrainer.

Like this post
david1985

Likes # 0

Have you tried going directly to the Nvidia website and downloading their GeForce Go 7 Series driver? They have some listed for Windows 7, both 32 and 64 bit.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Yes,I have tried but maybe I have got it wrong. Can yo give me a link for the driver? so I can try that.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added