We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printer Problems

morddwyd

Likes # 0

How peculiar.

Having had the RC running like a breeze since the day it was first available, I know find that I cannot install my HP printer using the just released retail version, and HP still insist they don't support Windows 7.

Perhaps I'll reinstall the RC for a couple of months!

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

Like this post

Likes # 0

Yes, but if you go to the HP download site and try to download a W7 driver, despite the green tick, you'll find it's not yet available (Photosmart 2575)

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

i have the 2575 too, using vista on a recent auto update it said windows compatibility, but as you say there is no hp driver yet. both ms and hp say after install of w7 goto windows update to get the driver.

my w7 not arrived yet so only know what i have just stated.

[have the impression the ms update will be printer only not scanner or copier, but might be wrong]

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

The driver is no problem, the printer prints OK. It just won't do all the other things it's been doing for the last 5 months, like scanning, photo editing, faxing etc.

Simply says software not compatible with this version of Windows.

Yesterday it was, today it ain't!

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

Perhaps they will release something after the 22nd?

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

is the vista driver any good with the scanning etc?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Don't know.

To scan to/from the PC you need the software, which won't install.

When I installed the RC I got the option "Install using recommended settings?" which worked OK.

Withe the retail version I get the option, but it still doesn't install.

Like this post

Likes # 0

Usual shambles leaving customers deciding it's best to stick with XP

Anyone bet the two monoliths are staring each other out while Microsoft demands a mega fee for giving driver approval?

Like this post

Likes # 0

I see that drivers for Photosmart 2575 dated 21/10/09 have been posted on the HP download site this morning

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

this is what i get from hp drivers page for 2575 for 32bit windows7

" Installing the Product with the USB Cable and Using the Driver Located in the Windows 7 Operating System"

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...