We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Acronis TI 10 worked under RC but not under final

MIke

Likes # 0

Hi all

I received my Windows 7 disc yesterday from Dixons, Duly installed it on my PC and re-installed some of my essential software, including True Image 10. However on coming to launch TI I was informed it's not compatible with 7 and it would not launch. During my evaluation of Win 7 using the release candidate TI worked with no issues.

Looks like I'll have to either use The Windows 7 System Image facility or upgrade my TI to the 2010 version which appears to be the only version listed as ready for Win 7.

I wonder how many other things that worked under the RC will now not work under the final version?

Call me cynical but a ploy to get more money out of us????

Like this post
sonyboy

Likes # 0

Well MIke..I've now got my fingers crossed ! I didn't bother going for anything higher than Windows7 Home Premium as I too use Acronis TI for backups....and Acronis would have ideally taken care of the backups in place of the inbuilt Backup apps in the higher specs of Windows7.
My Acronis Disk Director will not install on the RC ....But my Acronis TI 2009 has worked fine on the RC..I'm hoping that the TI 2009 version might just work..or it's going to be a bit more cash into the Software coffers if it doesn't ! Won't it be a bummer if what we saved on the Pre Release offers ....gets swallowed up patching our software..Fingers crossed again eh?

Like this post
MIke

Likes # 0

I too went for Home Premium, didn't expect it to ship with System Image but it does. I'd prefer to use TI though as I know I can (could) trust it.

Not found anything yet that doesn't work but pretty dissapointed that my main insurance policy that was fine with the RC doesn't function at all under the final release.

Like this post
MIke

Likes # 0

Should read anything else that doesn't work (and can't spell disappointed!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

Lenovo has created its own 'Google Glass'