We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

will win 7 contain my laptop drivers ?

setecio

Likes # 0

I'm intending to install win7 on my Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop (2.5 years old)

Will Win 7 contain all the drivers to make it work properly (graphics, sound, wifi etc ) or will I have to wait for Dell to put up drivers on their web site ?

I don't want to wipe of Vista if it ain't going to work properly with Win 7 yet.

Like this post
ArferDaley

Likes # 0

i am running win 7 RC1 on my IBM THINKPAD which is over 2yr old and all worls fine and has done for nearly 1 yr now i had a real hard job reinstalling xp as it would not find the sata IHC7 intel contriller had to install in compaterbility mode then mess about for about an hour installing the drivers windows 7 found the sata controller no problem allowing me to enable the sata controller straight away and installed perfect
hope this helps a bit good luck

Like this post
Ozy

Likes # 0

i have installed Windows 7 on my HP G6000 laptop,
(20 months old )it picked up everything,video,
sound, wireless adapter.

Like this post
setecio

Likes # 0

Thanks, maybe Dell will put them up next week, on release day.

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

I should have added if you run the W7 upgrade advisor it will tell you if your kit is compatible. click here

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

This is what Dell say click here
in effect they expect the Vista drivers to work OK but if you check the Dell drivers page W7 drivers are not listed.

I think the answer is it should work but in the absence of W7 listed drivers there is a chance they may not albeit a small chance.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback