We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 - Early Release!

Pine Man

Likes # 0

According to the Daily Mail, today, Microsoft UK are to release Windows 7 a day early to beat the postal strike!!!

Like this post
Allattar

Likes # 0

Play sent my copy on the 19th :).

Still hasnt arrived :(

Now its the 23rd and were well into strikes, and more strikes next week for Royal Mail.

Unfortunately I guess this means I wont be seeing my copy for a while if ever.

I figure it should have been with me by Wednesday, normally would. Play say 3-5 days delivery. But usually things turn up well before that.
Just have visions now of my DVD now sat at the bottom of an ever growing pile, pushed to one side, and lost for eternity.

Oh well, have to wait 21 days before Play can send me a new one.

The 128GB Crucial Hard drive I bought especially for it will have to stay unfulfilled for a little while longer yet. :)

Like this post
RB66

Likes # 0

I actually received my copy of Windows 7 this morning from Amazon, and they only charged me £44.97 including P&P.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

got an email this morning that my W7 has been despatched eta 10-15 days sounds like postman will be delivering it if not lost in the strike or stolen by dodgy casual staff

Like this post
Happy37

Likes # 0

My copy of Win 7 Pro arrived from Amazon via Royal Mail Special Delivery (next day).

Will install tomorrow PM.

Like this post
nhope

Likes # 0

Anyone got theres or heard anything from staples I ordered 2 from them but so far heard nothing.

Like this post
pjwheeldon

Likes # 0

Received my boxed copy from Amazon this morning at 10.39am!

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

My Amazon order for W7 at £44.97 free postage is coming via Home Delivery Service

Ordered it first day of offer in July.

Like this post
Rob_08

Likes # 0

My copies arrived from Amazon today to. DHL.

Like this post
jake5

Likes # 0

Arrived from Amazon visa Royal mail this morning.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Wow, it arrived as I was typing the above.
So guess what I am doing this morning.
RP

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV setup advice: Apple TV hacks to help you create the ultimate Apple TV hub in your home