We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 - Early Release!

Pine Man

Likes # 0

According to the Daily Mail, today, Microsoft UK are to release Windows 7 a day early to beat the postal strike!!!

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Amazon despatched this morning

Like this post
setecio

Likes # 0

I wonder if they will drop the price again in the future back to £60 for Home Premium retail or if it now up to £150 for good. T'was a great buy at £65 from Amazon :) Mine is in the post ... great that MS have fixed the problems but maybe i won't see it until 2010 with this strike !

Like this post
Leonhart

Likes # 0

Received mine Monday morning from Currys (nice surprise since I was also worried about the strike action) and spent the evening backing up and installing afresh.

Slight software issue (monitor went in to standby a couple of times - ati and the dvi issue which I've fixed).

One big thing I've noticed is IE8 is on it. Box says 'Origin Ireland'. I thought I had to install a pre-downloaded browser since Europe would get the E version but seems I haven't. How about everyone else?

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Have a read here about W7 and IE8 in Europe click here

Like this post
Leonhart

Likes # 0

Cool thank you. I didn't get a ballot screen but I'm not really bothered. I'm happy with IE but have Firefox and Safari too in case I feel like a change. Guess I didn't keep that close an eye on things thinking there was no need (and there wasn't). Still it's all been good getting it early and without having to mess around putting on a web browser.

Like this post
AL47

Likes # 0

ive got a copy coming from play [on its way] and one from staples [as yet i havent heard] but im in no rush

Like this post
AL47

Likes # 0

ive got a copy coming from play [on its way] and one from staples [as yet i havent heard] but im in no rush

Like this post
jason901

Likes # 0

My Windows 7 arrived this morning by post from Amazon. Im happy its arrived before the strike.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Mine was despatched yesterday evening from Amazon via City Link. According to Tracking it left Milton Keynes at 7 am today. I'ts a long way to the wilds of Yorkshire, but it could arrive later today, if not tomorrow.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...