We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows7 for Students

buteman

Likes # 0

Hi My Granddaughter was thinking of getting Windows7 for students.
Can you tell me will it work on a new tower.And do you get the Disc with it.Or does it have to be purchased separately.
Will it be a full version or just an upgrade.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

depends on spec of pc

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Not sure bought from E-Buyer and all I can tell you is it will run windows7.
Just wanted to know if you can use it for a fresh install on a new computer.
And as the premium version and the Professional version are the same price which one would be the best.

And do they come with an installation disc or has that got to be purchased sepperately.

Like this post
Why wont it work

Likes # 0

It's just an upgrade, but it's still very cheap of £30. It's just a download, the disk is a further £9.

Win 7 Pro has all the features Home Premium has, apart from some added business features and that 'virtual xp mode' feature-m-jiggy.

If your granddaughter already has Vista Home Premium and buys Win 7 HP she can do an inplace upgrade, but if she decides to buy Windows 7 Pro that would require a clean install (which I'd probably do regardless).

I think that Win 7 HP is offered at the same price as Pro because some people will find the supposed convenience of being able to do an inplace upgrade from Vista HP more valuable to them than doing the required fresh installation for Pro (even though it has more features).

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

We Want the disc.Do you just order Windows 7 and add the disc.And can you do that with whatever you choose.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes