We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Vista Forum - Is it still needed?

Peter

Likes # 0

This forum, and for that matter the Windows 7 Forum, has hardly any traffic. Perhaps the Windows 7 one will pick up after Windows 7 is released, but the Vista forum could easily be closed down and any questions directed to the Helproom forum.

Peter.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

I on 22 oct when W7 comes out its shell as a full version vista will no longer be the new kid on the block and join xp & w98 in the help forum

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

sorry but I do disagree.one thing you cannot do is make people post questions to the correct forum. extra forums were added to the site because they were needed. If only one forum is used some people needing help get missed.

XP Vista and Win 7 may have simlar answers Win 7 No one knows because we are still pre realease. I agree this may well pick up after realease and if all are poster in Helproom along with comments ect there will be page after page. Even this subject I feel should be in speakers corner

as for Absolute Beginners threads here require a much more detailed explination.Most of us are not experts and only try to help. If subjects were in the correct place a simple search could identify and resolve the problem

Just another example today a question on 98SE.

Everyone coming onto the site is well aware we speak our personal views and our own knowledge

Site contents and use are the realm of realm of the Forum Editor, if this setup is what they want we accept it

Like this post
Peter

Likes # 0

Yes mooly, I agree; only goes to prove yours and my point!

Peter.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Apparently not ! if these are the only replies ;)

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

agree with that point

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

And maybe theres no need for Absolute Beginners either?

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

:)
click here

Part of the problem is there is so much crossover.
A problem or question with XP, Vista or W7 often has similar answers.
In a way I think that there should really be just one forum. I don't ask Vista questions here now as they don't seem to get the same responses as posting in helproom. No ones fault, just the way it is.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...