We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Why Should I Change

Input Overload

Likes # 0

Ever since Win 95 I have run the beta of each MS OS, & upgraded to final on day 1. But this time I feel that I'm quite happy with Vista, it's stable, fast & I use Stardock Window Blinds & Icon Packager so my desk can look like any OS I want.

As I've not run the beta of 7 can anyone give me good reasons to do a full reinstall & move over to 7 in October? Thanks.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

All I can say is that I have found Win 7 so much better than Vista.

I found Vista so bad that I actually removed it and installed a a retail copy of XP.

However, if you're already happy with Vista there seems little point in spending money on a new O/S just for the sake of it.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Like you I am very pleased indeed with Vista and I agree that it's very stable and fast.

I also run W7 alongside Vista and although it isn't any more stable (Vista has never let me down)it is certainly faster and a lot, lot easier to install.

I have been running Windows since 3.11 and I have tried all of the various versions to date. On the 22nd October (if Microsoft play ball) I will definitely be updating to W7 having pre-ordered my copy.

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

I might put 7 on :-) Thanks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014