We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Share a Totally Free Software News From CNET

Delia55

Likes # 0

My friend send a link to me about one totally free software from cnet.

click here

Download WinX DVD Ripper Platinum free
(click here)

Free till the end of the month, WinX DVD Ripper Platinum makes movie archiving and converting a snap.

(Credit: Rick Broida)

Want to archive your DVDs to your hard drive? Convert them for viewing on your iPhone or Zune HD? What you need is a good DVD ripper.

From now until September 30, Digiarty Software is giving away WinX DVD Ripper Platinum, which normally sells for $24.95.

Just pop a DVD in your drive, fire up the program, and choose an output format: AVI, MP4, WMV, iPhone, PSP, 3GP, or any of half a dozen others.

DVD Ripper Platinum has a clean, simple interface; I think that most users will have zero trouble using the program. Advanced users have the option of tweaking video and audio settings, like bit rate and resolution.

I just tried the program with a DVD of mine, and it worked quickly and flawlessly. I'd recommend disabling subtitles, which are enabled by default.

There are, of course, some decent freeware rippers out there, most notably Handbrake and DVD Fab, but WinX DVD Ripper Platinum offers a friendly interface, a flotilla of output options, and the satisfaction of getting for free something that's usually $25. Score!

Like this post
Delia55

Likes # 0

I hope everyone could like that as me.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers