We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Vista TV Tuner problem?

lecram

Likes # 0

Hello all

My computer recently started coming up with a message suggesting that a Media Smart TV program had stopped working. I then tried updating an optional windows update relating to a DBCOMM Tv Tuner. My laptop does not have a Tuner card but I thought this might help. The update fails to install upon each attempt.Ever since I then my computer is struggling to recognise my USB modem and also hangs when I either restart it or attmept to shut it down. I have had to reboot from safe mode to force the computer to recognise my USB modem (or any external hardware).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Do you have a system restore point before trying the optional update. If so revert back to that.

Like this post
ajm

Likes # 0

I recently came across this problem on a client's HP Laptop. I cant rememeber if a soluton was given by Microsoft Error Reporting, but it directed me to a HP site where there was a unpdated software to resolve this issue. After downloading the update, all was well.

Like this post
ajm

Likes # 0

Like this post
lecram

Likes # 0

Unfortunately that didn't resolve my problem. My problem is actually the appearence of a "DiBcom based TV Tuner device" each time I plug my modem into the USB port.

As a result I cannot connect to the internet and am unable to shut or restart my computer. I have to hold the power button down to turn my PC off. I have followed a few steps which I found on the web in attempting to uninstall the driver from device manager, but have been unsuccessful as of yet.

I think it may have to do with an installed windows update but don't know which one. I would prefer fixing this error without reverting to a restore point if I can.

Cheers!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...