We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can I System Restore from command prompt?

canarieslover

Likes # 0

Last Wednesday 9 updates downloaded and when I re-booted Thursday it took a long time and Vista configured 3 of those updates. Seemed O.K. on Thursday except that I tried burning a CD with Nero and there was no sound from disc. No trouble burning from WMP. Shut down and then a couple of hours later I needed to e-mail my son so rebooted machine to be faced with "corrupt registry". Will not go into Safe Mode or any of the other options offered. It was pre-installed so I do not have a retail disc to do a repair. Is there any way that I can repair the registry from the command prompt? My Acronis image seems to have failed despite verifying O.K. when it was last made two weeks ago.

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

I have now managed to borrow a disk from which I could do a repair. Proble solved but now I need to find out why Acronis image failed to load.

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

I can't get into Safe Mode to get to a command promt there. It is stopping at the screen where it gives the choice of Safe Mode, Last known good config, etc. and just returns to this whatever is selected.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

straight forward

read from microft site

click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad