We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

windows security

conrail

Likes # 0

using vista home premium 64 bit, 4 Gb RAM 500Gb HD. been using program for about 8 months, today when trying to check my email I get a small window that says Windows Security, login to email user name>, Please verify that both the user name and password are correct for your mail server, I have 4 email address, family, friends, work and online purchases/sales, as I have never had this before can anyone explain what has happened, also had to enter login details for this site, normally just clicking on login options brings details up, all help gratefully accepted,

Like this post
Pineman100

Likes # 0

Have you been cleaning out your cookies? That could explain why you're not being recognised by various websites.

Make sure that your settings allow cookies, and then the next time you login to any of your regular sites, make sure that you click yes to allow the site to remember you.

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks Pineman100, haven't made any chanes at all, even if I had that would not account for having to reenter my email details, I appreciate your help, thanks

Like this post
Pineman100

Likes # 0

Sorry, I didn't read that bit properly! I agree with you.

If the problem was just your email login, I would suspect a corrupted email account. Missing cookies (which is probably why you had to log in to this site) is a mystery, if you haven't made any changes at all.

I can only tell you what I would do.

I would run a full antivirus scan and antispyware scan.

I would check that Internet Explorer's tools>internet options>privacy slider is set to medium.

I would delete the dodgy email account and re-create it (make sure you note your username, password, pop3 and smtp server names before you delete the old one).

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

used restore point now everything is fine, styill no idea on what happened

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...