We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Vista 64bit, Internet Explorer 64bit & Java

Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

I have Vista Premium 64bit and have noticed I have 2 Internet Explorers in my Vista Program list on the Start Menu one says Internet Explorer 64bit ! ok why 2 browsers

I am also putting on Java and it detects I have 2 Internet Explorer's and says I should install both Java 32bit & Java 64bit

Is this correct to have 2 Internet Explorers and also have to install Java 32bit and a 64bit version ?

Like this post
Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

Power DVD v5 is compatible with Vista but not sure on Premium 64bit and still not got anywhere with Nero v7 Essentials.

Like this post
Teaboy

Likes # 0

Audio~~chip.

what you have is-both 32bit and 64bit browsers. Hence you have to download java in each browser for java to be effective.

I have the same problem.

Like this post
Teaboy

Likes # 0

Audio~~chip.

Upon reflection I should have added that Java is a Browser add on, being the reason for each IE to have its own Java.

Incidentally the downloading works well.

Like this post
Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

Thing is now not sure which Browser I had open as I have already just installed the 32bit java. Think it was in the first non 64bit.

Is their really a difference in working with 32 & 64 bit internet exlorer ? will take a look if anything looks different.

Like this post
Teaboy

Likes # 0

Audio~~chip

If you click on (?) in the browser tool bar (any).Then click on about internet exployer it will tell you which browser you are using. Either 64bit or cypher strength 256-bit, which is the 32bit version.

The only difference twixt the two seems to be that 64bit doesn't accept all add-on's. for example I like iespell-to check my spelling. It downloaded OK in the 32bit, but not in the 64bit. Hence I write all in the 32bit version.

I hope this helps.

I had Cyberlink installed on my 64bit ultimate. It worked OK but I didn't like it-took it out.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

nero7 is problematic in vista, i ended up getting nero8 oem only about £5 [not using 64bit vista]

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK