We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Win 7 PCA Text

rawprawn

Likes # 0

I have been dual booting Win 7 for a few months now, but I find the text on this forum slightly blurred. If I open My Documents it is crystal clear, and other web sites seem OK, although not perhaps as good as Vista.
Am I missing something, I have tried both with and without Compatibility, it seems to make no difference.

Like this post
Crossbow7

Likes # 0

rawprawn, try the latest ones direct from nVidia:

If 32-bit Win7: click here, or if 64-bit click here.

sunnystaines, that would depend on the laptop & the graphics installed. If your laptop screen has a 1024*768 native resolution, then that's what it should be set at ideally. Any lower usually degrades quality & crispness, while higher will make it go 'downhill', as you rightly said! G

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Unfortunately I get this message when I run it.
"NVIDIA Setup could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now Exit.

Like this post
Crossbow7

Likes # 0

Hmm, that's a strange one.

Did you download the correct ones for your OS type? I.e. 32 / 64-bit as the case may be. G

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Hi, yes definitely 32 bit, I did have a serious problem last week, and I ended up formatting the HDD. The only thing I could get to work was an old Windows 98 disc, so after I formatted the disc using that,I then recovered Vista using Acronis boot disc from my external drive. (The computer wouldn't accept the Acronis disc until I had formatted.
Could this have a bearing?

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

To be honest, I am almost certain that I have had that message before when I have tried to update NVIDIA,before I had the problem I just mentioned.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Also, another strange thing. In Device manager in Windows 7, It is showing "Other Devices" a Mass Storage Device, and Unknown device. Both have yellow ticks (These do not appear in Vista) I assumed they were showing the other vista partition. I uninstalled them and rebooted but they re appeared.

Like this post
Crossbow7

Likes # 0

This is the support page for your laptop click here. Clicking on 'Downloads', will give you a few drivers to try, including graphics ones lower down: nVidia Video Driver - 7.15.10.9813a.

When you run Windows Update in Win7, does it offer to install any hardware drivers? G

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

The only optionals it is offering is CXT Modem HDAudio and Silvernight. I will install both.

I will look at your link.
Thanks
RP

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

I owe you several pints!!, I went to the site and downloaded the NVDIA updtae, then following instructions went to uninstall it in Control Panel. Lo and behold it wasn't there, so I uninstalled it in Device Manager, rebooted and installed it from C:Update\NVDVID.
Now on 1440 * 900.
Thankk you very much for your help.
RP

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 launch event live: Windows 9 launch live blog - find out first as the new Windows is...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK