We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 Pre-Order

HondaMan

Likes # 0

Seems that proices are already going up. On this site click here W7Prof is offered at about £180 and yet I ordered mine for £78.23 + p&p and yes, I have checked that it is W7Prof edition.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

In case anyone is still looking Windows 7 Home Premium can still be bought at click here for £64.68

Like this post
Ash_The_Dash

Likes # 0

Hey All,

W7 cannot be pre ordered in India yet. Can I pre order the same in UK and when I am in UK in the last week of Oct, collect the same and install it later on my desktop back home in India?

Are there any legal issues in this?

Ash

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

its up to the supplier, I found one with my oem disk I do not think all the suppliers do it as a lot will still have old stocks of vista instead of recent ones.

Like this post
MOMORRIS

Likes # 0

Should I automatically receive an upgrade voucher, if I receive a new PC with vista pre-installed, within the next few months. If not, why not?

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

looks like getting my w7 free bought a new oem vista and it came with a w7 upgrade voucher, logged on to here to place request for upgrade
click here

the w7 upgrade dvd will be dispatched 5/11/09

i did have a post on the vouchers but it has disappeared.

hopefully i will have a choice of a clean install or an in place upgrade. anyone else got one know.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Just been offered a driver update for my Creative sound card so it's still going on.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

The Release candidate has now gone to manufacturing - there'll be no more updates going onto the installation DVD.

What happens is that updates and driver releases which come along between now and the launch date are put on installation servers which are accessed during the install routine - when you click 'yes' when asked if you would like to download the latest installation updates.

Once you've installed and activated Windows 7 it will commence checking the Windows update servers in the normal way.

Like this post
JYPX

Likes # 0

Pine Man - Thank you.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

In answer to your second question - Yes. Windows 7 is still being updated.

Like this post
JYPX

Likes # 0

Still available on amazon. Before I order can someone help me with yet another question about this being for 1 PC only. I have 2 pc's and I am not sure which one I want to put W7 on. Will I be able to install on the first machine - with a short period before activation, to assess things, including driver updates etc. And then if I am not happy ditch the idea, and focus on the the second pc.
Or I am talking complete nonsense!
If this is not going to work, I may try the RC on both machines (again) - so the question from me then is - Is the release candidate still being updated online with new drivers etc ?? (In May I had just a couple of issues on each machine?)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......