We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Installing a printer onto Vista

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I had a hell of a job getting Vista to accept an Epson printer onto a new Packard Bell laptop running Vista in the new year. Now the Epson's packed up I'm having the same problem with a Kodak EPS3 all in one.

The driver loads OK, it tells me it's installed OK, it recognized the device OK, but it can't see that their is ink cartridges in the software setup window so wont print. They are there and fitted right as the EPS3 will copy on stand alone OK.

I've no idea why it started working with the Epson, it just eventually did! Any ideas out there?

Thanks Qb.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

There are recent Vista firmware and driver updates for your printer click here have you installed them?

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

I installed my epson printer onto Vista a couple of years back and again yesterday on a fresh install.
I asked Epson at the time and they recommended installing the four "items" in a specific order and also to only connect the printer when prompted by the set up wizard so that Vista doesn't try and find drivers itself.
Perhaps a similar thing applies to the Kodak.

Like this post
Spark6

Likes # 0

I have installed my Epson D88 using the same method as mooly. The only problem I am aware of at present is the lack of the print preview function.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I'll try the firmware update after the weekend, I don't have the time to do that just yet. I'll keep you informed thanks.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Sorry if I'm hi-jacking this thread but I have a D88 and have print preview on Vista.
I downloaded the drivers from the Epson site and used those. I think it is important to use the latest Vista drivers.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen