We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Will it or Won't it?

golfpro

Likes # 0

Are we to assume now that all pre ordered copies of Windows7 (statement from MS 1st August), Full programs (not upgrades), will now be shipped with a browser!!! Will it be IE or one of your choice, or will they change their mind AGAIN to conform with the Bloody intrusive meddling from the EC. It would be nice to know having just ordered one to be shipped at the end of October. But I suppose this is asking too much, I like millions of others will have to wait and see what we get.

Like this post
a member

Likes # 0

If you read between the lines on the last few statements Microsoft have made on this matter ,they intend to ship with internet explorer and not wait for confirmation from the EC . they have said they will be offering a choice of browser so users can change if they wish . as production is already well underway, I dont see it being any different .
but as nothing has been confirmed so far we are all having to guess . personally I believe we will get the same version as everyone else with a choice of browser after initial setup.

Like this post
sonyboy

Likes # 0

I fully agree that the wrangling between Microsoft and the EU hasn't done the European consumers any favours.
Microsoft have said that the RTM has now been scheduled to include IE (which I personally don't want anyway) but it will be included for those that want it...along with alternative browser options Firefox...Opera etc;
As the RTM is now in production in order to meet the October timeframe ...I can't see Microsoft making too many retro steps and changing their minds again..as this would cost serious money in rescheduling production methods...It may be that the pre release images we have seen of the packaging may be changed ...and we'll now have the "E" suffix removed ((which was originally intended to denote "No I/E Browser" )
I guess we'll all have to wait and see? Oh well...That's nothing new eh?

Like this post
a member

Likes # 0

I have allways been indifferent about it ,its so easy to download the browser you want and make it default so what is the problem .
according to microsoft the (E) version is definately dead .although rtm (E) versions have leaked ,I have even tried it , and the (N) version that is deviod of mediaplayer and associated software .but I believe that the full version will be delivered in europe .
all that legal wrangling costing millions and none of us is any the wiser. but with less than 8weeks to go for it to be onsale in the uk ,I cannot honestly see them changing again .

Like this post
sonyboy

Likes # 0

Yep'..I don't think there will be any earth shattering changes at this stage either!.The browser issue didn't concern me greatly also... as I would have installed my own favourite anyway..
I know that some people that are new to computers were feeling a bit fazed by the "E" business ...and one or two told me they were put off by the fact that there was originally going to be no I/E ...I wonder if the "financial bods" at Microsoft had spotted the possibility that a browserless edition might lower the uptake of Windows7 ? Anyway..like you say...just about 8 weeks to go ...Looks as if the Post Office are gonna' be busy with the delivery of pre- orders shortly!

Like this post
golfpro

Likes # 0

I am fully in agreement with all the postings, I don´t want the faceless bureaucrats in Brussels making my mind up what I should have or not, I am an adult and can make my own mind up, so long as I am given a choice. But to take that option away is undemocratic. Sorry to get so political, but this has so incensed me I had to say it.

Like this post
sonyboy

Likes # 0

No need to apologise golfpro..Everything connected to anything EU based.... makes me"spit feathers" too!!
Without going "off topic" ...a good rant at the bureaucratic idiocy always makes me feel better :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED