We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Grey screen of death

jaymus

Likes # 0

Hi all. Just had a weird and new technical error. Turned on PC, logged in, desktop proggies were loading then screen went grey and Windows beeped once and rebooted. Prior to this, nothing new installed apart from a game or two, no new hardware or drivers or anything.

Is it just a Windows load error? I've had loads of Windows BSODS but never a grey screen of death. Anyone give me a heads up?

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

is the grey screen blank.........graphics or monitor related check leads, and graphics card has it overheated with dust build up or need reseating in the board.

can you get into the bios.

Like this post
jaymus

Likes # 0

Was just a completely blank grey screen. It rebooted to bios then reloaded Windows. No major problems just never had it before.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will check all cables, etc.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...