We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

what i mean is i have been using window 7 rtm

wizzboy

Likes # 0

what i mean is i have been using window 7 rtm, and even though it is not ment to be out till 22/oct i have now activated it, and even when they said no keys are out yet,now i wait to see how long it will last

Like this post
sonyboy

Likes # 0

Right...got what you mean ! ...Your Windows7 build 7100.. will start shutting down every two hours on March 1st.next year..
Then it terminates on June 1st. 2010 and totally expires ..You'd better make sure you get your full Release to Manufacture version before then and before the price rockets!

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Are you sure you understand? Release 7100 is RC1 not RTM.

Like this post
sonyboy

Likes # 0

Hi Pine Man....Yep...I fully understand the difference between Release Candidate and Release to Manufacture...but I don't think wizzboy may be sure!!..Some posters other than wizzboy have got mixed up between Release Candidate and RTM
So just in case...if he has Build 7100?....I mentioned the RC sequence of shutdown procedure..If you look at wizzboy's earlier post..you'll see why he confused more than myself :)

Like this post
sonyboy

Likes # 0

Have just seen that I'd missed wizzboy's other post about "cracks" and "activation" etc;
If I'd seen that ..I wouldn't have bothered trying to advise him about how long a genuine RC would last..Looks as if he as been somewhere he shouldn't have ?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

each time you want to say something. Come back to this thread, and post your message using the 'Add a new response' box underneath the last post.

Like this post
sonyboy

Likes # 0

Looks like wizzboy has confused a good few of us..I see his other threads have now disappeared! Looks as if he's confused himself as to the dubious origin of his download too! Its highly likely he has got the "Lenovo" stolen product key !

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July