We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

security on W.7

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

what firewalls, AV, spyware are you running on W7

Have you found any with unsolved issues.

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

I use the free Microsoft Security Essentials, it works perfectly.

Like this post
Technocrate

Likes # 0

make use of uac in windows 7 it provide more security than other

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

I had previously reckoned PC Tools offered a good product. It still is good but I have changed all my 7 PC's to Windows Security Essentials. Why? because I can now detect the greedy hand of Symantec coming through on the sales side. I was recently asked to renew my PC Toools Registry Mechanic for £39 a year. Exactly the same product is available on reputable web sites for around £13 and that covers 3 PCs . This is the sort of thing that I think is now going to permeate PC Tools sales philosophy and I am not prepared to put up with it. previously tjhey had offered me quite reasonable deals If they had offered to renew my existing Registry Mechanic for a reasonable amount they might not have lost all my business.

MS Security Essentials is fine for what I need ansd allied to one or two other safeguards it works smoothly and efficiently

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I find PC Tools free firewall quite good. I use Avast anti virus but am thinking of a change to MSSE. Also have Malawarebytes and Spywareblaster. Waiting for SAS to issue a free W7 64 bit version.
having tried and had problems with registry cleaners I now only use CCleaner.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Sorry, meant Avira free anti virus.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

I am now using norton 360 ver4 on windows 7. very pleased with it.

Like this post
kristain

Likes # 0

I am running Kaspersky antivirus in my Windows 7. It provides better security for the virus detection than the other antivirus.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers