We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Win7 plus IE

iscanut2

Likes # 0

It's just been announced that Windows 7 will now ship in Europe with Internet Explorer and because of this, it is now likely that an upgrade version will now be available at launch this year after all !!! If so, then that's good news for us non geeks.

Like this post
a member

Likes # 0

er, I would check the recently announced pricing for this in the uk before you become too elated.
it getting like wholegrain bread ,years ago you had to pay extra for them taking it out (soft white) now we have to pay for them to put it back in .
microsoft are taking liberties with the uk with thier pricing . as good as win 7 is (and it is good) its not worth what they inten to ask .

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

My ref to good news was that it will be easier for me to run an upgrade program rather than do a fresh, clean install and all that goes with it.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Surely we don't know yet what the cost of the upgrade in the UK will be unless you know better ?

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

'rather than do a fresh, clean install and all that goes with it.'

This has got to be the easiest o/s to do a fresh install with. Mine took about twenty minutes and when it was finished it worked perfectly and had found, and installed, all of the drivers for all of my hardware and I never even lost my BB connection. All I had to do was install the programs I wanted to use.

The benefit of a fresh install also means that you get rid of all the rubbish that you have accumulated over time.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

I have a full version on order at under £50 so will be doing a fresh install once I take a deep breath. Being ignorant of such things, what about drivers for the motherboard ?

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Don't worry about your mobo, unless it is a really obscure one, Windows 7 will find and install a driver for it or at worst point you to a site to get one.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

I have a voucher but the MS web site says come back end august for GB customers, not sure of the procedure about getting the disc, but collecting the drivers ready.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...