We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Vista fate

zarobian

Likes # 0

In this forum my post dated 8/5/07 I wrote as under:-
"Will Vista meet the same fate as ME?"
Some of the members came very strong against it. What they now think about it in the light of Windows 7 launch?

Like this post
zarobian

Likes # 0

Wait and see the demise of vista by the end of next year.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

I think the biggest boost for W7 is that its is apparently primed to make max usage of multicore CPU's if that is correct a modern quadcore CPU with hyperthreading should make a differance.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Vista is a "less good" product than W7, and they are hardly going to say it (Vista) is better now are they.
My "user experience" of Vista has been that it is far and away better and more stable than XP ever was. W7 will build on that as it is based on Vista to a large extent and should hit the ground running.
I will be absolutely amazed to hear of even the slightest hiccup, incompatability or driver issue with W7... won't you ? ;)

Like this post
zarobian

Likes # 0

Now Microsoft admits that Vista is no good product. Here is a link posted by PCA in the news colum.
click here&

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

Pine Man, you are so right. I too have been running Windows RC7 on 3 Pcs now since it was released. I also have two PCs on XP and one on Vista
W7 is sort of lighter on its feet than Vista-and a big advance on XP. I appreciate the way it sets your hardware drivers and networks up quite effortlessly.
Also the speed with which it opens applications up. All PCs in this house will be on Windows 7 come end October

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

I have always been a supporter of Vista. Maybe I was lucky but I never seemed to experience any of the problems complained of by others and it seems to have got even better as times goes on BUT if you like Vista I'm sure you'll love Windows 7. I have been running it next to Vista (on a separate disk) on the same PC for about three months and it is much, much better IMHO. I just can't wait until my copy is delivered on the 22 October.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

Windows ME was a disaster from launch till its end where as vista got off to a bad start but was kicked into touch in a reasonable time and I think its the best so far[not tried w7 yet] XP was good from the start but no match to vista now.

Like this post
genie1985

Likes # 0

What is the better place of vista,Ireally don't know.
I bought a computer last year,the Windows is Vista.It's so slow when it works,I don't think Windows Vista is more better than Windows XP.
[URI="click here"]click me1![/url]

Like this post
Pineman100

Likes # 0

Vista's biggest problem, IMO, was that it is/was so fat. When it was first launched it needed a hardware spec that was considerably more powerful than most middle-of-the-road computers offered, at the time.

Over the past 2-3 years, hardware power has caught up, and Vista can now be run satisfactorily on the great majority of mass market computers.

I haven't yet experienced W7, but if reports are to be believed it places no more, and perhaps less, demand on the hardware. If that's true, then it should satisfy the mass market, and the upgrade enthusiasts.

I'm looking forward to it.

Like this post
OTT_Buzzard

Likes # 0

My point exactly!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?