We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Vista fate

zarobian

Likes # 0

In this forum my post dated 8/5/07 I wrote as under:-
"Will Vista meet the same fate as ME?"
Some of the members came very strong against it. What they now think about it in the light of Windows 7 launch?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

from Speakers Corner.

Like this post
zarobian

Likes # 0

Thanks for that.

Like this post
OTT_Buzzard

Likes # 0

Unlike ME, I can't see users migrating in their millions from Vista to W7 for reasons other than wanting to upgrade.

Vista is, with the exception of a very small number of very highly publicised failings, a good operating system.

I suspect the real key for W7 will be attracting XP users.....if their hardware can handle it. That's a familiar sounding scenario!

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

I agree Vista is very good indeed but I fall into your category of 'wanting to upgrade'. Made all the easier by the excellent pre-order price and, unbelievingly, that it is actually better than Vista!

Like this post
zarobian

Likes # 0

Vista is no doubt a good os but people like innovations.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

will be attracting XP users.....if their hardware can handle it.

I am running Win7 on a 5yr old PC with a Sempron 2200+ and at first 750meg of ram which was a bit sluggish but it did it, I can't see it handle Vista like that. It now has a further 512meg of ram which did help.

Like this post
Zeppelyn

Likes # 0

I dont see any great innovation or must have feature in Win 7 to persuade me to upgrade from Vista. I custom build so only buy a retail copy of OS but if Win 7 comes with next laptop I buy then fair enough.

Like this post
orienne21

Likes # 0

Have used Vista for about six months now and I really like it.
I have ordered a copy of Windows 7 but will not be replacing Vista as yet. I'll probably continue with duel boot, as I am doing at the moment with the release candidate.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Vista is an excellent OS by and large IMO.
Yes everyone whinged at the start... can't say I had any major issues though.
W7 is based on Vista isn't it ? Should be perfect then :)

Like this post
Crossbow7

Likes # 0

"I dont see any great innovation or must have feature in Win 7 to persuade me to upgrade from Vista."

This might change your mind Zeppelyn: Windows 7 vs Windows Vista click here. G

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......