We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7E Edition

zarobian

Likes # 0

According to PCA Microsoft has decided to ditch Windows 7E. Since lot of people have pre ordered the OS including myself, where we stand now,
are we getting full version of Win7 with choice of browsers or we getting oem upgrades for vista. Confusion. Any idea folks?

Like this post
zarobian

Likes # 0

Thanks for the info.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

This is the CNET link click here;relnews

Like this post
zarobian

Likes # 0

"According to CNET those who pre-ordered Windows 7 'E' through a recent discount offer will get the full version, as Microsoft had promised."

Thanks for the link.Let us hope Microsoft don't take a 'U' turn.

Like this post
zarobian

Likes # 0

Thanks for transfering to Windows 7 forum.

Like this post
laurie53

Likes # 0

I hadn't realised that it was Opera, a Norwegian company, who had complained about Microsoft, an American company, to the EU.

Since neither Norway or the US are members of the EU why are the EU getting involved?

There are World Trade Agreement procedures for disputes such as this.

Like this post
AL47

Likes # 0

as i said before, if it isnt full im demanding my money back and sticking with vista

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

merlinx states in click here 'According to CNET those who pre-ordered Windows 7 'E' through a recent discount offer will get the full version, as Microsoft had promised. Microsoft will now be selling Windows 7 upgrade copies and a higher-priced full version (for those without a previous copy of Windows) similar to the rest of the world.'

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

from Speakers Corner.

Like this post
jakimo

Likes # 0

looks like a straight forward upgrade from vista,which will save a lot of hassle

Like this post
jakimo

Likes # 0

Whoops just found it

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone