We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

W7 upgrade option

Silverworm

Likes # 0

Hi, I am going to buy a new laptop soon which will include a free upgrade to windows 7. When I come to upgrading, will it be an in-place upgrade or will it be a clean install? I'm a bit confused because I read that recent news article on PCA saying that UK users will have to do clean installs, but I wasn't sure whether this included the free upgrade option.

Like this post
Crossbow7

Likes # 0

I guess the confusion arises because Vista (which will initially come installed on the laptop) will have IE8 included as standard, but the Win7 'upgrade' disk they send may not.

You'll need to query this with the laptop's manufacturer nearer the time, or read the included instructions with the Win7 copy they send you. G

Like this post
ambra4

Likes # 0

No upgrade to Windows 7 for UK Vista users

click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...