We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Scrolling has a one or two second delay

dolphinaber

Likes # 0

Can somebody please tell me why everything has slowed suddenly down. As an example when I try to scroll down to read an email I have to wait for it to move and keep trying to drag it down which eventually gets there.
Thanks

Like this post
dolphinaber

Likes # 0

Thanks for all your answers. I cheated a bit and went to system restore and heypresto it did the trick.
Will use advice from FruitBat to clean it up.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

If most of the actions on your PC have slowed down it sounds as if the processor is busy trying to do something else. This forum answer click here contains some good advice from FruitBat (about half way down) on how to clean up a PC which will help speed up its operation.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Thinking along the lines that you might have had an update for your graphics and either not installed properly or not compatible. Not on Vista at the moment but if you click start and type device manager in the start search box it will bring it up. Troubleshooting with device manager; click here
With info from device manager try Medion UK support to see what they suggest; click here

Like this post
dolphinaber

Likes # 0

Thanks Dave, I have a Medion 8833 about a year old with Vista and Im with AOL..
If you can tell me what I should do next much appreciated.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If it has a 'wavey' effect then your graphics card drivers need updating.
If it only affects some sites and you are using XP then it's the site you visit that have upgraded to Vista or Windows7e servers so you won't be able to do much about it.
If you have a desktop PC and this affects all sites then your graphics card (or 'onboard') is the problem. It's running on Windows generic drivers for some reason.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Today's bargains phones, tablets, laptops and more for Black...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers