We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Upgrading windows

peteruk54

Likes # 0

I have an Acer laptop tat was pre installed with Vista home premium. I have a second drive with Windows 7 RC installed so I can swap drives and boot 1 or the other. The drive as 3 partitions 1 Hidden with the Vista factory installer and 2 others split into aprox 70GB each. The 1st with the OS and the second as a data drive. Question: Oncethe upgrade to windows 7 is done will it leave the 1st partition with the Vista installer and delete the other 2 so I get 140GB. Also once the upgrade is done will Ibe able to image the new OS so I can move it to a bigger drive and then delete the old laptop drive and use it a a spare external drive so as only to have one version of windows.

Like this post
alan2273

Likes # 0

If you are in Europe you cannot upgrade because of no IE, it has to be a clean install.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

is that the same for those getting the free W7 with new pc's bought now or oem vista disc's?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite