We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Vista and Wireless Network

recap

Likes # 0

I have a laptop with Vista on. I'm using my XP Pro laptop for this posting.

Every now and again it looses the wireless connection and will not reconnect for ages. On diagnosing the problem Windows informs me that the security key is incorrect. This I have re-entered numerous times.

I have rebooted the router, turned off the laptop, even uninstalled Norton and checked the firewall settings. Still the laptop won't connect to the wireless network.

Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

recap

Like this post
Ashrich

Likes # 0

Delete the profile for that connection , rescan for networks , select yours and re-enter the password , that usually sorts it . To delete the profile in Vista , open Network and Sharing Centre , on the left hand side click on " Manage wireless networks " highlight your network , then click on remove

Ashley

Like this post
recap

Likes # 0

Thanks Ashrich, tried that but it caused a BSOD stating it was dumping physical memory. Not enough time to write down the stop error.

Like this post
recap

Likes # 0

Fixed it. I had to start afresh and reinstall the wireless network via the wizard.

Thanks Ashrich.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today