We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Mouse Pointer jittering constantly - HELP!

Glizdor

Likes # 0

Mouse Pointer jitters constantly when hovering in Windows Explorer window. It briefly changes to an hourglass/busy, in intervals of roughly 3 times per second. It happens in any window, that has drive, folders or files. The moment I move pointer outside of the window, or have it in i.e. Desktop/Panel/Networking etc window, the mouse pointer is normal. It seems to me the Hard drive is constatntly accessed. Specs :Vista Home Premium 64-bit, 750gb HDD (10% filled), 3gb memory, i7 920. Help greatly appreciated, as this issue is becoming more and more annoying, especialy when reviewing pictures. Thanx

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

you can try? If so, try it, and let us know what (if anything) hppens.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Probably on the wrong track but I asked a similar question and it was "normal" in that it happened when I had media player open and an SD card inserted. Media player was constantly searching for files in the background.
Could it be anything like that... an external drive or something that's being scanned for files for "whatever"... maybe photos, music etc depending on what applications you have open.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date, features and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...