We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

back ups in vista

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

I had my vista ultimate C drive backed up using vista back up to a secndary harddrive.

problem pc dead [another tread in helproom]

on building a new pc with new oem i cannot restore backup due to different M/B drivers etc. will I be able to access various folders in backup to copy various bits or is that a nono.

most stuff on dvd rw and ok but a few things like favourites folders a few bits I did not a backup I would like to get if possible.

or could i put the c drive in as a secondry and access folders that way?

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

not seem them around for ages might travel to Hounslow and try maplins for a USB one.

could I use it afterwards to clone or image a harddrive from a laptop with Ghost if so I might get ghost for that purpose afterwards.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I'd use a usb HDD enclosure or 'caddy'.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide