We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Pre Order offers - Retail or OEM

kevvyb

Likes # 0

Can anyone confirm if the pre-order copies of Win 7 E will be retail versions? I do not want an OEM that is tied to the hardware of one machine.

Like this post
Proclaimer

Likes # 0

by Micro Anvika Ltd.
He said, Windows 7 will ship with x32 and x64 bit versions in the box and it is Full Retail. So I paid the man.

Like this post
Newuser38

Likes # 0

Currys offering pre-register in the press today. Limited quantity.

Like this post
Why wont it work

Likes # 0

Ah yes, I was called by Micro Anvika today too. I was a bit suspicious at first, but then I decided only they would know to ring me about Windows 7... anyway I ordered 3 copies, one for each pc, because I was told that they expected it would be difficult to buy online (due to limited numbers etc).

Like this post
Crossbow7

Likes # 0

Don't forget it will be available direct from MS & other retailers starting tomorrow (midnight tonight?): click here

Micro Anvika is one of the official retailers listed.

If you're a Quidco member you can get 15% cashback if ordering direct from the MS store click here. Hopefully delivery is free, otherwise you may as well order from elsewhere.

-----------------------------------

Pine Man, thanks very much for confirming all the stuff we wanted to hear :-))

"As far as I am concerned it is irrelevant whether it is OEM, an upgrade or even the complete version. I only have one PC and as far as I am concerned £49.99 for software that will retail at about £150 is bloody good value.

As a new operating system there will no doubt be numerous updates and Service Packs but that is the same as at least the last two or three issues of Windows so why wait?" - now who can argue with that?! G

Like this post
AL47

Likes # 0

i was looking at the £50 offer, not so anymore, if its not a retail [ie install on any hard drive or system new or not] then i wont get it!

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

about the E version "At present in the EU, all versions of Windows 7 (Home Premium, Professional and Ultimate) are the full product. This means that to install Windows 7, you do not need any previous version of Windows installed on your computer."

Like this post

Likes # 0

See tha Amazon web site for full details

Full retail product at £44

No need for existing windows

Like this post
Rob_08

Likes # 0

That isnt bad as the saving is about £130 for anyone who is interested.

also the full details are here

click here

And yes they are full retail products. So order quickly while stocks last folks ;)

Like this post

Likes # 0

Seems allocated stocks of £49 pre order have run out at all retailers and the Microsoft site

Similar situation in other european countries

Like this post
Rob_08

Likes # 0

Oh boy i succesfully ordered two copies yesterday for £89.97 and today the price jumped to £179.97 on Amazon.
Its about time i had some luck and i plan to sell both on ebay on the release day. should make a buck or two i think ;) !!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made