We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

infected computer virus

mark3986

Likes # 0

i have a virus which has turned off my windows update wots best to get rid of it and clean my computer of anything else thanks

Like this post
mark3986

Likes # 0

oh i have avast and spybot too and spybot has picked nothing up but windows help search says its a virus

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

download,update and run malwarebytes free and run it in safe modeclick here

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

usually safe mode is accessed by tapping f8 when you first start your pc.if it goes into windows then you have not tapped it quick enough or it may be a different key.people will need the make of your pc if that is the case.

Like this post
beynac

Likes # 0

It's best to run Malwarebytes in normal mode. Only run it in safe mode if it won't run normally.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try a scheduled boot-time scan with Avast. Start Avast and once the memory check has run right click anywhere on the skin. Click on scheduled scan. It will ask to reboot, click ok and Avast will scan your PC before windows loads. Keep an eye on the scan as whatever it finds needs your input to quarantine whatever it finds.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015