We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

recovery for acer aspire 5630 series

Daisy22

Likes # 0

Hi
I need to do a recovery for this laptop and restore it back to how it was when purchased, 3 years ago.

It has windows Vista, but at the moment nothing appears to be working, not even the mouse or keyboard.

I've tried to use a Vista Recovery disc that I made with a newer PC but it doesn't appear to be reading from the disc drive either. I tried also with a windows XP disc, and again it can read whats on the disc but won't let me run it because the machine has Vista and not XP.

I'm getting really hot and bothered about this now so any help (in "simple" mode) is appreciated.

thanks

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

The recovery disk will only work on the computer it was set up on.I dont know if that long ago manufacturers installed a recovery partition,and if you can access it without the disk, that should have been maid when you got the computer.Im sure others will have a better idea.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

maid=made

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Factory recovery on Acer. Try pressing ALT and F10 from within windows. Or, can you access erecovery in the all programs list ? perhaps in safe mode. To enter safe mode keep repeatedly pressing F8 as it boots as the Acer splash screen appears.
If it won't boot to windows (or windows is totally unusable) you should still be able to recover from the hidden partition. Never done this but try ALT and F10 as it boots into the Acer splash screen.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Also go to,
click here
and download the user manual. That will explain the recovery options. You should have the manual preinstalled anyway, type acer into the search box, obviously if PC unusable that options no good to you :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room