We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 Beta reboot begins

simonjary

Likes # 0

click here

Microsoft's Windows 7 Beta will start to spontaneously reboot every two hours beginning on Wednesday, the company has warned users.

Users running Windows 7 Beta can continue to use the new operating system without the sudden interruptions - the shutdowns come without warning -- by downloading and installing Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC)

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

It wasn't that long ago that Microsoft mistakenly announced the shutdowns would start on 1st June. That probably cost someone their place on the annual works outing to the seaside.

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

I am planning to re-format my test machine this weekend, have you any "Inside" info regarding this so called "Free" upgrade?

See...1 year out of the loop, and they no longer advise me of these things :((

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

As an aside.... The new survey regarding W7 does not include those who will buy a full copy of the OS. Since many here build machines, maybe a "Buy a full retail copy" question may be relevant?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

is available to anyone who buys a new machine from a participating seller between 26th June this year and 22nd October, which is the Windows 7 launch date.

Like this post
a member

Likes # 0

what day will the shutdowns start. I have been using mine last few days (on all day) and nothing unusual has happened yet .
winver says windows is activated as usual .
I even tried putting the date forward a month and a year and nothing happens.

Like this post
audeal

Likes # 0

When I downloaded W7 evaluation copy Build 7100 I was being told that I could use it for a year before it starts to shutdown. Have I missed something here or have I been sleeping lately.

Like this post
Crossbow7

Likes # 0

audeal, they are talking about the beta, so you should be fine as you seem to have the RC. G

Like this post
audeal

Likes # 0

Crossbow7: Thanks for that info. Yes I do have the RC but what is that "G" you have put in there?

Like this post
Crossbow7

Likes # 0

"but what is that "G" you have put in there?" - 'G' is the initial of my first name, & also a nickname of mine :-). Incidentally, when I initially joined the forum 6-7 years ago, I used put my first name at the end of posts, then a few months later shortened it to just the initial.

No, I'm not imitating (or mocking!) the other 'G' in the forum, i.e. GANDALF <|:-)>, some of whose posts can be seen here: click here. G

Like this post
audeal

Likes # 0

Thanks G

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

View an animated vision of a better future for Ethiopian girls

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...