We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

No upgrade path to Win 7 for us

canarieslover

Likes # 0

It sems as though we are not going to be treated to the same upgrade path as previous Windows allowed. A complete retail disc will be shipped. click here

Like this post
ulrich

Likes # 0

I will not part with my cash no matter how many people tell me it is the best, just because it was a freebie.

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

Just as well I have a close friend in Florida.

Like this post
AL47

Likes # 0

ive never bought an OS only ever changed when buying a new comp

seems like a waste to me, and its quite a lot of money, id buy it for say £30 otherwise stick with vista

Like this post
Armchair

Likes # 0

£150? Nearly buy a new PC for that. How long do you think I can carry on using XP? Getting on for seven years now.

Like this post
OTT_Buzzard

Likes # 0

I think they were saying it's £79.99. Bit of a confusing article.

Like this post
Armchair

Likes # 0

Have I misread it/ If I wanted to swap out XP for 7 in this PC, it would set me back £149.99, wouldn't it?

Not that I would............

Like this post
norman47

Likes # 0

all those who forked out good money for windows ME, er I mean Vista will be chomping at the bit to buy the next WOW factor, 7.

The vast majority of sales will be just like Vista, you are forced to have it with a new machine unless you can get the drivers and upgrade it to Linux or XP.

Like this post
OTT_Buzzard

Likes # 0

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

I want a new laptop and was hoping that there would be an upgrade as I dont want Vista on it - will just have to wait a while longer now!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

from Speakers Corner

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert