We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Security

ol blueeyes

Likes # 0

Can you please tell me what Security Programme you are using on Windows 7. Evertone that I use recommended by Microsoft causes Problems They either do not run properly or suddenly The Start up Repair Programme to run which does not Repair the problem so I have to reinstall Windows 7 again. I've installed it 3 times today. I've made a ""Windows 7 Repair Disc"" that does not solve anything.
Any suggestions please ?

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

Forget about MS advice. Suggest you try the free PC Tools software which can be found in recent PC Advisor issues. I have it installed on 3 W7 PCs and it runs faultlessly . You can then turn off Windows 7 defender and cancel the W7 firewall since they are included in the PC Tools download

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

and AVG Internet security. Other than that I have no security software. My computers are online all day, every day, and so far I haven't had a single problem.

Like this post
ol blueeyes

Likes # 0

Thank you both problem now overcome

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 release date, price, specs, new features: world's thinnest tablet also gets Touch ID

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Will Photoshop work with Yosemite? And will Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro or the other A?......

IDG UK Sites

iMac Retina 5K first look review: hands on with the new Retina iMac (Updated)