We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Canon BJC-80 / Vista O.S. Printing Problems

capt.

Likes # 0

Hello,
I am pleased with my BJC-80 printer, but my problem is that only half of the document prints and then the printer goes into the error mode. The printer status screen indicates error-print, 168, port USB003, 1 document in queue. When I print a test page it prints with out problems, so I know the printer is functioning well.
I have a new Acer Aspire 5920 32 bit laptop with Vista Premium Home Edition Service Pack 2, connected to the printer with a parrell to USB cable. I tried a more expensive printer cable, but the results were the same.
I know it is possible to get the BJC-80 to work with the Vista O.S. because I followed the advise of someone one the internet who had total success.

BJC-80 property settings were set as follows:

Under The Ports Tab,

I selected USB Virtual Printer for Canon BJC-80.
I also have another printer listed that is USB, but is not selected (HP Deskjet D2500). I only wish to use the BJC-80 at this time.
I also have disabled the enable bidirectional support and enable printer pooling choices.

Under The Advanced Tab,

I selected only, the print directly to the printer option.

I would be most appreciative of any suggestions in resolving this problem.

Thank You,
Carmen Conti

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 release date, price, specs, new features: world's thinnest tablet also gets Touch ID

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Will Photoshop work with Yosemite? And will Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro or the other A?......

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...