We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Vista Home Premium and Older Programs

Oldandrare

Likes # 0

The OS will not allow a Full Screen window for prorams that run in Dos, unlike Windows XP.
It wil also not access the Help file for Word 97, even though it loads the program from CD.
Is there a solution to either of these problems, please?

Like this post
BurrWalnut

Likes # 0

You will not get a full screen in either Vista or Windows 7, but you can make it a little larger:

Open a CMD prompt > Right-click the bar at the top > Properties > Layout Tab > Window Size. Click the Up/Down arrows alongside Width and Height until Window Preview is the size you want. I find 120 x 50 is a convenient size for me.

I don't know about Word 97.

Like this post
Oldandrare

Likes # 0

Thanks for this, BurrWalnut. It certainly works for the CMD window, but as soon as I run the program (Mpro) it reverts to the original small size. But, you've inspired me to keep experimenting. Thanks again.

Like this post
Bob The Blob

Likes # 0

For reading old help files click here

Like this post
Oldandrare

Likes # 0

Bob, ta v much. I had started to print out all the help pages from a friend's copy of Word97 on WinXP, but this seems to be the solution. Did Microsoft do anything similar for the Dos window size problem?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do