We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

W7 64Bit installation problem

tigertop2

Likes # 0

I have downloaded and installed the 32 Bit W7 OS on one PC. Liked it so much so thought I would try the 64Bit on another. I have spent most of today trying to get it to install on . It refuses to start the proces and the boot up screen sticks at the 'press any key to start installation' bit

I have tried 3 different downloads, checked that the PC is booting from the CD and ensured that the clean and empty hard drive is the target and the other 2 Hard drives on this PC are disabled but cannot fathom out what I am doing wrong. I can see the ISO file on the DVD but it will not install

I would like to wake up tomorrow and see the answer if anyone can suggest one please

Thanks and goodnight

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

Appreciate that james1981. But I don't think that was my problem as am sure I did try one or two times using the iso freeware. Whatever , the release date is only a few weeks away and I can wait out on that

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more