We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Vista SP2

T I M B O

Likes # 0

Since i have installed SP 2 onto my Vista lap top i have now started to have problems with USB items such as keyboards & pen drives. Is anybody else experiencing the same problems or is it just me?

Thank you for any assistance u may share.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

ok here.

a while back i had occasional usb problems caused by faulty usb mouse

Like this post
T I M B O

Likes # 0

SONY just called me at my home address about another matter, i asked them about SP2 for vista, they said best to remove it for now. So i am doing a system restore. Thank you!!

Like this post
adman 2

Likes # 0

best to remove it for now? did they give any reason? do you have any '!'marks in device manager? sp2 has much greater compatibility with devices than non sp2 i find this very odd advice.

Like this post
ricvic

Likes # 0

Yes: problems here as well. My mobile broadband usb modem does not work under SP2. Rolling back does not bring the modem back to life, nor does removing and reinstalling, nor does reinstalling in compatability mode. Three technical support no use on this one either - no issues with SP2 according to them.

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

just downloaded sp2 for my home premium 64 bit sp1 pc and lost all sound options, normally have 4 options under sound, all had dissapeard so had to do a system restore, if I remember right, didn't xp have the option to remove service packs under add/remove? if so where's vista's option?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

In Vista go to add/remove.. I mean programs and features and click on view installed updates. Search for SP2 and uninstall from there.

Like this post
ThickMick

Likes # 0

Lost the sound after SP 1 and SP2 when recently re installed Vista. Downloaded new driver from Realtek and all OK. Also problem with BlueSoleil and same success. Perhaps I was lucky as when first installed SP1 under previous Vista install it crashed all the while. Have Acer F5 Vista Business

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...