We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Managing Pictures in Vista

sheila.weston

Likes # 0

I am trying to sort out my picture folders and appear to have duplicate folders for my image files. If I select the windows start button and select 'Pictures', I go to sheila/pictures. But if I go to E:\Pictures I get a different set, some of which are duplicates from the sheila/pictures folder.

The HD is partitioned by Toshiba. I would prefer all my images to be on the E:\ drive, with my other data. Is it OK to just move the pictures over and delete the sheila/pictures ones? How do I get the start>pictures option to go to the e:\ drive instead of the sheila folder?

Many thanks for any help.

Like this post
Zeppelyn

Likes # 0

From the start menu right click on Pictures then select Properties. From there go to the location tab and select Move, point to your E:\Pictures folder. That is preferable to deleting Sheila/Pictures as you would lose the link.

Like this post
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Many thanks, Zeppelyn. Easy when you know how!

One point, though - when I click on pictures in the start menu, the picture folder opens, but at the top of the screen it has sheila>e:>pictures, presumably because I have logged in as Sheila. However I can also get to the folder by going to windows explorer (windows key + E). This, presumably, *is* the same folder, although you can see them both in the Windows Explorer left hand panel? I wish I could get rid of the 'Sheila', but gather that I can't in Vista?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Why BlackBerry isn't dead: Firm keeps Mercedes F1 team driving with enterprise package

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...