We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton Internet Security 2009

vectismanpaul

Likes # 0

Hi all
Just wondered if anyone else had noticed this happening recently. I have NIS 2009 which as always works brilliantly. However for past few days when I log on it seems to be doing a short scan whereas previously the sidebar gadget indicator used to appear instantly marked secure and my internt connection was always on in seconds. Now it only connects when this scan has finished albeit very quickly.I know this isn't a big deal but just wondered why it is happening. I dont think it is a recent update as all my other machines operate as before.While talking about logging on I have to say I have never experienced any delays in start up when using vista. Literally after putting in my password all is ready to go after about 10 to 15 seconds which is good.
This continues to happen its just that my internet connection isn't available until this quick scan has completed. It only lasts about a minute or so but was not happening before. Any ideas welcome.
Thanks
Paul

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites